Prohibited Restricted Items
Spark Auto Parts, LLC prohibits the sale of all tuners, devices or software that can modify vehicle performance, even if it does not remap the ECU or ECM or is described as diagnostic. This is to ensure compliance with EPA policy prohibiting products that defeat, bypass, or shut down emission control devices. (This is not intended to provide legal guidance on federal or state regulations regarding these products nor should it be considered an all-inclusive list of items prohibited) Our policy may prohibit items that could be legal, but from an abundance of caution, has chosen to prohibit.
California Air Resources Board (CARB)
CARB prohibits the sale or use of parts that will modify or defeat emissions systems in any 1966 and newer vehicles. This does not restrict sale of approved replacement parts, those granted an executive order (EO) number by the California Air Resources Board or race only vehicles. Items not approved by CARB will not be sold to California residents either by mail order, customer call center or website orders. Please check the following link to ensure your vehicle compliance: CARB Aftermarket Parts.
EPA Aftermarket Defeat Devices Information
Prohibited Restricted Items May Include
• Recalled airbags
• Exhaust gas recirculation, or EGR, block plates, pipe kits and electronic control module re-programmers, also known as tuners.
• Deployed new or rebuilt airbags and airbag covers.
• Oxygen sensor simulators.
• Malfunction indicator light eliminators.
• Any products that will bypass, defeat, or render inoperative emission-control systems, either on their own or when combined with other hardware or software.
• Any tuner, device or software that can modify vehicle performance, even if it does not remap the ECU or ECM or is described as diagnostic.
• Used catalytic converters — We only sell Catalytic converters that meet EPA requirements for aftermarket sale.
This is not intended to provide legal guidance on federal or state regulations regarding these products nor should it be considered an all-inclusive list of items prohibited.
This document is intended to provide additional guidance on the types of products that we do not allow because they may be able to bypass, defeat or render inoperative emission-control systems. Our policy prohibits items that could be legal, but from an abundance of caution, have chosen to prohibit.
The following categories of products are prohibited for sale on our website. Where possible, we have also provided a limited number of examples of some of the more common products that fall under these prohibited categories. These products are prohibited even if they are intended for racing or off-road use.
1. Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) delete hardware or similar products where we determine it can physically remove, bypass, disable, or otherwise render inoperative any portion of the EGR system.
a. Examples: EGR valve cooler kits with blocking plates
2. Exhaust after treatment delete hardware including any product where we determine it can physically remove, bypass, disable, or otherwise render inoperative any portion of the aftertreatment emission control systems, including associated sensors. Examples of such systems include the Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC), Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), NOx.
Adsorption Catalyst (NAC), and/or Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system.
a. Examples: delete exhaust pipes, catless (downpipes, turbo-back exhaust systems), Straight pipe exhaust systems that exclude the Catalytic Converter or DPF system, or O2 sensor emulators and extenders, aftermarket parts that require tuning/reflashing the ECU.
3. All tuning devices, including those with an Executive Order from the California Air Resources Board
a. Examples: throttle response controllers, tuning software, performance programmers, performance chips, services to reflash ECU.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this page or the information practices of this site, please use the "contact us" link on this Web site.
Spark Auto Parts LLC
Address: 260 Buffalo Ave #1A,
Brooklyn, NY 11213.
Customer Support: 1(877) 878-8895.